Fidayeen trained at Kasab’s school held on Indo-Pak Border
Attari (Punjab): A teenaged Pakistani
militant was nabbed by the BSF on Thursday near the border and
during questioning said there were plans for a seven-member
suicide squad including three women to cross over soon and
14-year-old Noman Arshad was arrested near the border
while hiding behind bushes.
"I was told to keep a close vigil on the activities of
BSF since there were plans to send seven Pakistan trained
terrorists including three women to India through this border
to create violence," Arshad told reporters.
BSF DIG Mohammad Aquil said during interrogation Arshad
disclosed that he had undergone training at a camp in Peshawar
where he learnt use of an explosive-laden jacket, bombs,
pistols, missiles, rockets and other weapons.
Arshad claimed to have learnt his skills from the same
camp visited by Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving Pakistani
terrorist involved in the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
He claimed to be in constant touch with the terrorists in
Pakistan for over a year and pin-pointed locations of terror
training camps in Pakistan.
A ninth standard student of a school in Lahore, Arshad
claimed to have been abducted by terrorists who blindfolded
him before being taken to a training camp.
"The threat of killing me and my family members forced me
to cross the border. My trainers told me that after watching
all the BSF activities I should go back to Pakistan. But,
before I could do so, I was nabbed by the Indian security
personnel," Arshad said.
"I managed to sneak out of the training camp several
times but was traced every time and forced to undergo
training. I did all this under pressure," Arshad said.
The DIG said Arshad was frequently changing his
statements and version before the media and therefore he could
not be taken seriously.
"He is very shrewd and changes his statements tactfully
which shows the extensive training he has undergone. Arshad
has a vast knowledge about the topography of the Indo-Pak
border," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room