Fifth accused in Mumbai gang-rape sent to police custody
Mumbai: A Mumbai court on Monday remanded the fifth accused in the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year old photojournalist to police custody till September 5.
Mohammed Salim Ansari was arrested on Sunday in North West Delhi`s Ashok Vihar. He was produced before a court in Rohini to seek his transit remand for being transported to Mumbai. He was produced in the Mumbai court on Monday.
The other four accused involved in the heinous crime have also been arrested and sent to police custody till August 30.
The incident took place on August 22 in Lower Parel area where the 23-year-old woman had gone for an assignment. She was working with an English magazine as an intern.
According to police, the men tied up the friend who was accompanying her and raped the woman. The victim, who was admitted to Jaslok Hospital, had sustained multiple internal injuries. She is stated to be in a stable condition now.
The Centre has sought a detailed report on the gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad