Fifth accused in Mumbai gang-rape sent to police custody
Mumbai: A Mumbai court on Monday remanded the fifth accused in the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year old photojournalist to police custody till September 5.
Mohammed Salim Ansari was arrested on Sunday in North West Delhi`s Ashok Vihar. He was produced before a court in Rohini to seek his transit remand for being transported to Mumbai. He was produced in the Mumbai court on Monday.
The other four accused involved in the heinous crime have also been arrested and sent to police custody till August 30.
The incident took place on August 22 in Lower Parel area where the 23-year-old woman had gone for an assignment. She was working with an English magazine as an intern.
According to police, the men tied up the friend who was accompanying her and raped the woman. The victim, who was admitted to Jaslok Hospital, had sustained multiple internal injuries. She is stated to be in a stable condition now.
The Centre has sought a detailed report on the gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened