Fight does not end in Delhi, will contest LS polls: Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) electrifying debut in the high-profile Delhi Assembly polls, party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Monday thanked the people of the national capital and applauded the hard work of the party members.
“AAP is not a one man show. People like Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan have worked really hard,” Kejriwal said while talking to the media.
The AAP leader added, “Once a rickshawala gave me all the money he had for our movement. This responsibility is scary.”
Debutant AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal yesterday pulled off a major upset against three-time Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, defeating her with a thumping margin of over 25,000 votes in New Delhi constituency.
While reacting on the people’s faith and the subsequent responsibility being given to AAP, Kejriwal said, “I am not scared about being not successful, but I am scared of making mistakes.”
Kejriwal said AAP will soon fight the General Elections but not sure when. “Will enter national politics but haven’t decided as to when as yet,” Kejriwal said in an interview to CNN-IBN.
He said the verdict of Delhi clearly indicates that even the strongest and the mightiest leaders can be defeated if the common man awakes and challenges them.
While assuring his electorates, the AAP leader said that those who have won 28 seats in the 70-member Assembly will now to have to fulfil all the "promises" they made to the people.
He said that AAP`s victory was the beginning of a new era of politics which is about clean candidates, untainted leaders and direct participation of the people.
"Delhi poll result is clear that BJP and Congress should mend their ways, else common people will rout them," he said.
On questions about his former Team Anna member, Kiran Bedi asking AAP and BJP to join hands to form government in Delhi, he questioned, "does she feels BJP was good?"
"How can we take support of BJP or Congress as they failed to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill? There would be a time when we would definitely form a government," he said, adding why they were shying away from forming a government.
On the question of AAP MLA being poached, he said none of his MLA would poached.
He also refuted about the existence of "Modi wave" in Delhi elections, and said "it was created by media."
When asked that whether Anna Hazare`s participation in his election campaign would have made any difference, he said "I would request Anna that he should bless us as that would also be of help to us."
Delhi is presently facing a hung Assembly after AAP won 28 seats and BJP 31 seats while Congress could only manage to get eight seats.
Kejriwal also accepted that the huge responsibility which has been given to him is scary. "Responsibility put on me is scary," the AAP leader said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly