Fight Modi`s `brute force` with power of spirit: Yogendra
Gurgaon: AAP candidate for the Gurgaon Lok Sabha seat Yogendra Yadav Thursday said the "brute force" behind BJP leader Narendra Modi`s election campaign can only be fought peacefully with the "power of spirit".
Yadav was addressing a public rally at the Meo Muslim-majority Ghasera village, some 45 km from Gurgaon.
Modi also held a rally in support of the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Rao Inderjeet Singh.
"Mahatma Gandhi had said that brute force can be fought peacefully only by the power of spirit," the Aam Aadmi Party leader said, referring to Gandhi`s speech during his visit to Ghasera in December 1947.
"The AAP is fighting the brute force behind Modi`s campaign by the power of spirit. People can easily understand which party is following Mahatma Gandhi`s path," he said.
Mahatma Gandhi had visited the historic village - also called GandhiGram Ghasera in Mewat - Dec 19, 1947, in his bid to reassure members of the minority community, who were going to Pakistan fearing for their lives following riots in several parts of the country.
"It was due to the Mahatma`s personal intervention that the citizens of Mewat decided to stay back and many who had reached the border also came back to their village," Yadav said.
Now, people have to decide whether they want the country to run in Modi-style or Mahatma`s way, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video