Figures of loss in coal, spectrum scam "humbug": Congress
Mumbai: Congress on Thursday said the figures of loss to the exchequer in the 2G spectrum and coal block allocation scams were "humbug".
"It is humbug...The figures were nothing. We believe it`s absolutely wrong," AICC spokesperson Sanjay Jha said in an interactive session on `A Defining Decade: Why India`s Growth is Unstoppable` organised by the Indian Merchants` Chamber here.
"CAG`s report was questioned by the Supreme Court," he added.
"We are not challenging CAG as an institution. (But) I can tell you straight...It (figures of loss) are humbug."
On the Food Security Bill, he said it would not lead to waste of money, as being said by its critics.
Stating that Congress was concerned about the missing files of coal scam case, he said the party and the government were not hiding the truth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India