Figures of loss in coal, spectrum scam "humbug": Congress
Mumbai: Congress on Thursday said the figures of loss to the exchequer in the 2G spectrum and coal block allocation scams were "humbug".
"It is humbug...The figures were nothing. We believe it`s absolutely wrong," AICC spokesperson Sanjay Jha said in an interactive session on `A Defining Decade: Why India`s Growth is Unstoppable` organised by the Indian Merchants` Chamber here.
"CAG`s report was questioned by the Supreme Court," he added.
"We are not challenging CAG as an institution. (But) I can tell you straight...It (figures of loss) are humbug."
On the Food Security Bill, he said it would not lead to waste of money, as being said by its critics.
Stating that Congress was concerned about the missing files of coal scam case, he said the party and the government were not hiding the truth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez