Figures of loss in coal, spectrum scam "humbug": Congress
Mumbai: Congress on Thursday said the figures of loss to the exchequer in the 2G spectrum and coal block allocation scams were "humbug".
"It is humbug...The figures were nothing. We believe it`s absolutely wrong," AICC spokesperson Sanjay Jha said in an interactive session on `A Defining Decade: Why India`s Growth is Unstoppable` organised by the Indian Merchants` Chamber here.
"CAG`s report was questioned by the Supreme Court," he added.
"We are not challenging CAG as an institution. (But) I can tell you straight...It (figures of loss) are humbug."
On the Food Security Bill, he said it would not lead to waste of money, as being said by its critics.
Stating that Congress was concerned about the missing files of coal scam case, he said the party and the government were not hiding the truth.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind