Files of Adarsh housing scam, other CBI cases missing
New Delhi: Files pertaining to six CBI cases including Adarsh housing society scam are missing, hampering the probe in some of these matters, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Though no centralised data about missing of files was maintained, the CBI has informed that files and documents pertaining to six cases have gone missing from some state governments, Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy said in a written reply.
This included Adarsh housing society scam in which the CBI has informed that files regarding deletion of road and clearance of the housing society were "missing or stolen", he said.
"Due to the missing documents, certain approval given in the file of Adarsh could not be documentarily established," he said, adding, "it is not a major handicap for the trial."
Narayanasamy said, "Any violation of the instructions will attract disciplinary actions under relevant rules."
In other cases, mainly pertaining to Jharkhand, the Minister said files related to investigations against officers involved in corruption cases including sale and purchase of non-transferable land have been missing.
He said most of these cases were transferred to the CBI by the concerned state government authorities, but the missing files deemed crucial, have been affecting the process of investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends