Filmmaker Nadiadwala gets police security after threat
Mumbai: Bollywood producer Sajid
Nadiadwala has allegedly been threatened by members of Ejaz
Lakdawala gang, prompting police to provide security to him.
The armed men barged into the office of
44-year-old Nadiadwala, whose movie `Housefull` is all set for
a release, on Friday morning and threatened him.
According to the police, the men were aides of
gangster Ejaz Lakdawala.
"On Friday morning, a group of men entered the
producer`s office and gave a chit with a number written on it
to his personal security guards," Additional Commissioner of
Police (West) Amitabh Gupta said.
The men threatened Nadiadwala`s employees and told
them to call Lakdawala on that number, he said.
Following the incident, Nadiadwala, has been provided
with armed police men for security, Gupta said.
Police are now trying to trace the men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing