Finally, Narendra Modi finds place in Chouhan`s `Janashirwad Yatra`
Neemuch: Almost a month after a controversy erupted over absence of Narendra Modi`s pictures during Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s `Janashirwad Yatra`, banners showing images of the Gujarat Chief Minister on Tuesday dotted the yatra route in the district.
Posters and banners with BJP campaign committee chief Narendra Modi`s photos and his "Yes, We Can" slogan that he had used during a Hyderabad rally earlier this month, were seen through the route of Chouhan`s yatra here.
The Madhya Pradesh chief minister`s `Janashirwad yatra` had started on July 22 from Ujjain and the absence of Modi`s pictures had triggered speculations about the rivalry and differences between the two BJP leaders.
Chouhan addressed seven meetings during the 140 km long route and covered 37 villages. During his speeches, he attacked the Congress-led UPA government over its "failure" to arrest the decline of a rupee against the US dollar.
"The decline in the value of the rupee amounts to lowering the dignity of the people of the country," Chouhan said.
He also criticised the Centre for not giving a "befitting reply" to Pakistan for its misadventures along the border. "Even smaller countries have gathered enough courage to stare at India," he said.
Chouhan also highlighted various welfare schemes launched by his government for the development of the state and urged people to support and vote for BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch