FIR against Ramdev under Atrocities Act for remark on Rahul Gandhi
Mumbai: An FIR was registered against the yoga guru Baba Ramdev here on Wednesday for his controversial statement about the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Ramdev`s statement that Gandhi goes to Dalit homes for "picnics and honeymoon" had kicked up a controversy recently.
"An FIR has been registered against Ramdev under the relevant sections of (SC/ST Prevention of) Atrocities Act over his remarks," Narendra Singh, senior inspector at Azad Maidan police station, told PTI.
Urmila Pawar of Mahila Haq Sangharsh Samiti had approached the police with a written application seeking action against Baba Ramdev the day before yesterday, Singh said.
Police sought a legal opinion on the issue and then the FIR was registered against the yoga guru, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city