FIR against Ramdev under Atrocities Act for remark on Rahul Gandhi
Mumbai: An FIR was registered against the yoga guru Baba Ramdev here on Wednesday for his controversial statement about the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Ramdev`s statement that Gandhi goes to Dalit homes for "picnics and honeymoon" had kicked up a controversy recently.
"An FIR has been registered against Ramdev under the relevant sections of (SC/ST Prevention of) Atrocities Act over his remarks," Narendra Singh, senior inspector at Azad Maidan police station, told PTI.
Urmila Pawar of Mahila Haq Sangharsh Samiti had approached the police with a written application seeking action against Baba Ramdev the day before yesterday, Singh said.
Police sought a legal opinion on the issue and then the FIR was registered against the yoga guru, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'