Fire alarm in Mumbai-Chennai flight, 30 injured
Mumbai: Panic gripped a Chennai-bound Jet
Airways flight carrying 153 passengers after a fire alarm in
the cockpit went off when the plane was on the taxiway for
takeoff tonight and 30 of them were injured during evacuation
by emergency chutes.
As there was a sudden surge of passengers when they were
being evacuated using chutes, 30 of them received injuries
and bruises with three of them suffering fractures, a Mumbai
International Airport Limited(MIAL) spokesperson said. There were some reports that a few passengers jumped
from the aircraft and sustained injuries while there was a
chaos when passengers rushed to slide down the chutes.
Fifteen persons were taken to Nanavati hospital in
ambulances for further treatment after receiving first aid at
the airport. Some of them were reported to have suffered
A full emergency was declared at the Mumbai Airport and
Fire Tenders were rushed immediately to the spot.
A Jet statement said the airplane commander proceeded to
declare a precautionary emergency although there were no
visible traces of fire.
"The commander onboard Jet Airways flight 9W 2302
Mumbai-Chennai was informed of an indication of an LH engine
fire. Although there was no visible trace of a fire, the
commander proceeded to declare a precautionary emergency," the
All passengers were deplaned safely and a thorough
inspection of the engine was carried out, it added.
The captain deployed chutes for emergency evacuation, a
Jet spokesperson said, adding all passengers have been
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow