Fire in Chennai-Delhi GT Express, 1 dead
New Delhi: An AC coach of train number 12615 Chennai Central-New Delhi Grant Trunk Express caught fire in the wee hours of Friday near Gwalior. One person travelling in another bogie died of a heart attack.
The prestigious express train – one of the oldest service on the route – was passing through Sithouli, 10 kilometres before Gwalior city station at around 2.30 am, coach B1 caught fire. Before it spread, all passengers were evacuated.
SK Verma, 50, travelling in coach S1 suffered a heart attack in the commotion and passed away.
The fire was doused, and the train resumed it journey towards Delhi. Railway authorities are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.
However, the accident has hit rail traffic on the entire Bhopal-Delhi section of the busy route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday