Fire in Chennai-Delhi GT Express, 1 dead
New Delhi: An AC coach of train number 12615 Chennai Central-New Delhi Grant Trunk Express caught fire in the wee hours of Friday near Gwalior. One person travelling in another bogie died of a heart attack.
The prestigious express train – one of the oldest service on the route – was passing through Sithouli, 10 kilometres before Gwalior city station at around 2.30 am, coach B1 caught fire. Before it spread, all passengers were evacuated.
SK Verma, 50, travelling in coach S1 suffered a heart attack in the commotion and passed away.
The fire was doused, and the train resumed it journey towards Delhi. Railway authorities are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.
However, the accident has hit rail traffic on the entire Bhopal-Delhi section of the busy route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail