Fire in Chennai-Delhi GT Express, 1 dead
New Delhi: An AC coach of train number 12615 Chennai Central-New Delhi Grant Trunk Express caught fire in the wee hours of Friday near Gwalior. One person travelling in another bogie died of a heart attack.
The prestigious express train – one of the oldest service on the route – was passing through Sithouli, 10 kilometres before Gwalior city station at around 2.30 am, coach B1 caught fire. Before it spread, all passengers were evacuated.
SK Verma, 50, travelling in coach S1 suffered a heart attack in the commotion and passed away.
The fire was doused, and the train resumed it journey towards Delhi. Railway authorities are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.
However, the accident has hit rail traffic on the entire Bhopal-Delhi section of the busy route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH