Fire in Chennai-Delhi GT Express, 1 dead
New Delhi: An AC coach of train number 12615 Chennai Central-New Delhi Grant Trunk Express caught fire in the wee hours of Friday near Gwalior. One person travelling in another bogie died of a heart attack.
The prestigious express train – one of the oldest service on the route – was passing through Sithouli, 10 kilometres before Gwalior city station at around 2.30 am, coach B1 caught fire. Before it spread, all passengers were evacuated.
SK Verma, 50, travelling in coach S1 suffered a heart attack in the commotion and passed away.
The fire was doused, and the train resumed it journey towards Delhi. Railway authorities are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.
However, the accident has hit rail traffic on the entire Bhopal-Delhi section of the busy route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'