Fire in Chennai-Delhi GT Express, 1 dead
New Delhi: An AC coach of train number 12615 Chennai Central-New Delhi Grant Trunk Express caught fire in the wee hours of Friday near Gwalior. One person travelling in another bogie died of a heart attack.
The prestigious express train – one of the oldest service on the route – was passing through Sithouli, 10 kilometres before Gwalior city station at around 2.30 am, coach B1 caught fire. Before it spread, all passengers were evacuated.
SK Verma, 50, travelling in coach S1 suffered a heart attack in the commotion and passed away.
The fire was doused, and the train resumed it journey towards Delhi. Railway authorities are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.
However, the accident has hit rail traffic on the entire Bhopal-Delhi section of the busy route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown