Fire in Civil Aviation Ministry; records safe
New Delhi: A fire broke out on Tuesday in the first floor of the Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan here, which houses office of the Civil Aviation Ministry, but no one was injured and no files or records were damaged.
The fire broke out around 5 am in one of the unoccupied rooms in the B-Wing of the first floor, possibly due to a short-circuit, ministry officials said.
Immediately, fire brigade was informed which rushed to the spot and doused the blaze.
"There were no injury or casualty and also all files and records are safe," the ministry said in a statement.
An enquiry has been ordered to look into the causes of the fire and also to suggest preventive measures, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list