Fire in Civil Aviation Ministry; records safe
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 15:53
  
New Delhi: A fire broke out on Tuesday in the first floor of the Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan here, which houses office of the Civil Aviation Ministry, but no one was injured and no files or records were damaged.

The fire broke out around 5 am in one of the unoccupied rooms in the B-Wing of the first floor, possibly due to a short-circuit, ministry officials said.

Immediately, fire brigade was informed which rushed to the spot and doused the blaze.

"There were no injury or casualty and also all files and records are safe," the ministry said in a statement.

An enquiry has been ordered to look into the causes of the fire and also to suggest preventive measures, the official said.

PTI


First Published: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 15:53


comments powered by Disqus