Fire in goods train disrupts Lucknow-Howrah rail route
Lucknow: More than 16 bogies were gutted when a major fire broke out on Friday on a goods train carrying petrol and headed for Gonda from here, officials said.
The fire was noticed near the Jarwal railway station in Bahraich around 3 am. By the time the train was stopped, the fire had spread.
The driver of the train attempted to put on emergency brakes as a result of which some bogies of the goods train overturned. Gusty winds stoked the fire further. More than a dozen fire tenders were rushed to the site to douse the blaze, said a police officer.
Railway officials from the nearby Colonelganj railway station rushed to the site. Residents from nearby Newli Purva village also came to help.
As a result of the incident, the schedule of more than 40 trains on the busy Lucknow-Howrah route has been disrupted. Two trains were cancelled, while seven trains have been diverted, said a railway official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed