Fire in goods train disrupts Lucknow-Howrah rail route
Lucknow: More than 16 bogies were gutted when a major fire broke out on Friday on a goods train carrying petrol and headed for Gonda from here, officials said.
The fire was noticed near the Jarwal railway station in Bahraich around 3 am. By the time the train was stopped, the fire had spread.
The driver of the train attempted to put on emergency brakes as a result of which some bogies of the goods train overturned. Gusty winds stoked the fire further. More than a dozen fire tenders were rushed to the site to douse the blaze, said a police officer.
Railway officials from the nearby Colonelganj railway station rushed to the site. Residents from nearby Newli Purva village also came to help.
As a result of the incident, the schedule of more than 40 trains on the busy Lucknow-Howrah route has been disrupted. Two trains were cancelled, while seven trains have been diverted, said a railway official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred