Dhaka: A fire apparently triggered by an electrical short circuit slightly damaged two rooms of the Indian High Commission in the Bangladeshi capital on Tuesday, police and mission officials said.
"We are completely alright. The fire was doused almost immediately before it could do any major damage," an Indian High Commission spokesman said.
Fire service and police officials said the blaze erupted in one of the floors of the mission in Gulshan area of Dhaka at 5.30 pm. Fire tenders immediately rushed to the spot, they said.
"We doused the flames within 30 minutes," a fire service official said.