Fire in Jet Airways plane; passengers safe
Mumbai: About 158 passengers on board Jet Airways Riyadh-Mumbai flight on Monday escaped unhurt after a fire broke out in the left engine of the aircraft on its landing here.
The incident took place when the flight arrived around 5.40 am, airport sources said.
The Jet plane was on the taxiway when the follow me up vehicle saw a fire in the left engine of the aircraft. The pilot was told to hold and shut the engine, they said.
"However, the fire was immediately put out and all the passengers were deplaned safely," they added.
In a statement, Jet Airways said the flight 9W523 (Riyadh-Mumbai) was advised by the ATC to return to base as there was slight visibility of smoke from the engine as also observed by the cockpit crew.
"As per standard operating procedures, one engine was shut down and passengers were deplaned safely. The flight operation was stopped for about ten minutes," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read