Fire in Jet Airways plane; passengers safe
Mumbai: About 158 passengers on board Jet Airways Riyadh-Mumbai flight on Monday escaped unhurt after a fire broke out in the left engine of the aircraft on its landing here.
The incident took place when the flight arrived around 5.40 am, airport sources said.
The Jet plane was on the taxiway when the follow me up vehicle saw a fire in the left engine of the aircraft. The pilot was told to hold and shut the engine, they said.
"However, the fire was immediately put out and all the passengers were deplaned safely," they added.
In a statement, Jet Airways said the flight 9W523 (Riyadh-Mumbai) was advised by the ATC to return to base as there was slight visibility of smoke from the engine as also observed by the cockpit crew.
"As per standard operating procedures, one engine was shut down and passengers were deplaned safely. The flight operation was stopped for about ten minutes," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP