Fire in room near LS Speaker`s chamber
New Delhi: A minor fire broke out in a
meeting room adjacent to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s
chamber in Parliament House this morning.
A stench of burnt wire and furniture filled the corridors
outside the Speaker`s chamber at around 10 am and it was
cordoned of for visitors.
Officials said fire fighters immediately swung into
action to put out the fire.
A senior Minister said fire had broken out due to short
circuit and a chair and carpet in the committee room adjacent
to the chamber were burnt down.
The fire was doused by fire fighters from emergency
response team of Parliament.
An official of Delhi Fire Service, when asked about the
incident, said they do not have any information about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere