Fire in room near LS Speaker`s chamber
New Delhi: A minor fire broke out in a
meeting room adjacent to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s
chamber in Parliament House this morning.
A stench of burnt wire and furniture filled the corridors
outside the Speaker`s chamber at around 10 am and it was
cordoned of for visitors.
Officials said fire fighters immediately swung into
action to put out the fire.
A senior Minister said fire had broken out due to short
circuit and a chair and carpet in the committee room adjacent
to the chamber were burnt down.
The fire was doused by fire fighters from emergency
response team of Parliament.
An official of Delhi Fire Service, when asked about the
incident, said they do not have any information about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway