Fire on Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express
New Delhi: A fire was reported on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express shortly after it left New Delhi Railway Station Tuesday evening, fire brigade officials here said. The blaze in the generator coach was brought under control by fire fighters.
"We received a call at 5.05 pm that there was a fire on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express which had just crossed the Yamuna river and reached Mandawali in East Delhi," said the fire official.
Five fire tenders were immediately sent to put out the blaze.
"The incident took place in the last coach of the train carrying the generator. The generator had caught fire," said the official.
Meanwhile, the Northern Railway chief public relations officer said: "It was a minor incident. The train was full with 1,000 passengers but no loss was reported on the train. The situation was brought under control."
The cause of the fire is yet unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog