Fire on Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express
New Delhi: A fire was reported on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express shortly after it left New Delhi Railway Station Tuesday evening, fire brigade officials here said. The blaze in the generator coach was brought under control by fire fighters.
"We received a call at 5.05 pm that there was a fire on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express which had just crossed the Yamuna river and reached Mandawali in East Delhi," said the fire official.
Five fire tenders were immediately sent to put out the blaze.
"The incident took place in the last coach of the train carrying the generator. The generator had caught fire," said the official.
Meanwhile, the Northern Railway chief public relations officer said: "It was a minor incident. The train was full with 1,000 passengers but no loss was reported on the train. The situation was brought under control."
The cause of the fire is yet unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH