Fire on Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express
New Delhi: A fire was reported on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express shortly after it left New Delhi Railway Station Tuesday evening, fire brigade officials here said. The blaze in the generator coach was brought under control by fire fighters.
"We received a call at 5.05 pm that there was a fire on the Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express which had just crossed the Yamuna river and reached Mandawali in East Delhi," said the fire official.
Five fire tenders were immediately sent to put out the blaze.
"The incident took place in the last coach of the train carrying the generator. The generator had caught fire," said the official.
Meanwhile, the Northern Railway chief public relations officer said: "It was a minor incident. The train was full with 1,000 passengers but no loss was reported on the train. The situation was brought under control."
The cause of the fire is yet unknown.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living