Fire on Rajdhani: 4 coaches gutted, all safe
Ratlam (MP): A fire broke out in four
coaches of the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express between Alot and
Thuriya stations in the district in the wee hours today,
completely destroying two bogies.
All the 1,100 passengers on board the train are safe,
The fire broke out at a spot between the two stations,
about 75 kms here, at around 2.20 AM in Kota division of West
Central Railways, Ravi Mohan Sharma, Ratlam Divisional
Commercial Manager, said.
The four affected coaches were detached at Thuriya.
Preliminary investigation suggests that short-circuit
caused the fire in B-6 and B-7 coaches and the pantry car,
Sharma said that B-6 and B-7 were fully damaged,
while B-5 and the pantry car suffered minor damage.
Railway authorities have announced ex-gratia of Rs
5,000 each for the 144 passengers in B-6 and B-7 coaches.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot from Ujjain and
Sharma said that Commissioner, Railway Safety (Central
Circle) had started a probe and the report would be submitted
to the Railway Board in seven days.
WCR Chief Public Relations Officer, Piyush Mathur said
that after the affected coaches were detached, the train left
for Delhi at around 8.20 this morning.
Rail traffic was disrupted in the Nagda-Kota line for
some time due to the incident, he said.
Helplines have been set up at Kota, Ratlam and Mumbai
to provide information about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!