Firing at Asaram Bapu ashram; one injured
Nashik: One person was injured after a devotee
allegedly fired a few rounds at Asaram Bapu ashram in Vadel
village in the district following a group clash, police said
The injured, identified as Sanjeev Kisankishor Vaidya, a
resident of Paharganj in Delhi, has been working as a director
of the Ashram here, they said.
The incident took place on Sunday when the followers of
Asaram Bapu entered into an argument with the office-bearers
of the Ashram over a trivial issue.
A stray bullet hit Vaidya when one of the followers fired
few rounds from his revolver following the clash, they said.
Vaidya who was initially treated at a government hospital
in Malegaon has been released after treatment.
The police have registered a case against a person named
Gangadhar Shelar and his family members on complaint of Vaidya
while Shelar has also lodged a counter complaint against
Vaidya, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing