First instance of new Lok Sabha getting adjourned on first day
New Delhi: The adjournment of the Lok Sabha Wednesday was the first instance of a newly-constituted house having been adjourned on the first day following the death of a sitting member, officials said.
The 16th Lok Sabha, which met Wednesday for its first session, was adjourned for the day after paying tributes to union minister Gopinath Munde, a BJP member of the house, who died in a road accident Tuesday.
"It is the first instance of new Lok Sabha being adjourned on the first day due to the death of a member," an official told IANS.
The newly-elected members were originally slated to take oath for two days from Wednesday but will now start taking oath from Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes