First instance of new Lok Sabha getting adjourned on first day
New Delhi: The adjournment of the Lok Sabha Wednesday was the first instance of a newly-constituted house having been adjourned on the first day following the death of a sitting member, officials said.
The 16th Lok Sabha, which met Wednesday for its first session, was adjourned for the day after paying tributes to union minister Gopinath Munde, a BJP member of the house, who died in a road accident Tuesday.
"It is the first instance of new Lok Sabha being adjourned on the first day due to the death of a member," an official told IANS.
The newly-elected members were originally slated to take oath for two days from Wednesday but will now start taking oath from Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre