First MMRCA squadron to be inducted soon
New Delhi: The first squadron of
Medium-Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) consisting of 18
aircraft is expected to be inducted into the IAF within three
to four years of signing of the contract with its supplier.
In reply to a question on delivery of MMRCA, Defence
Minister A K Antony told Lok Sabha today, "First squadron of
MMRCA consisting of 18 aircraft is expected to be inducted
within three to four years of signing of contract."
"The remaining 108 aircraft will be manufactured under
license by Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL) and are
expected to be inducted over the following seven years," he
The Request for Proposal (RFP) for procurement of MMRCA
was issued to six manufacturers of fighter aircraft. Of the
six proposals received in response, proposal of Dassault
Aviation for Rafale and EADS Germany for Eurofighter Typhoon
were found complaint to the technical requirements in field
"The Contract Negotiations Committee (CNC) which is
currently in progress found the proposal of Dassault Aviation
as the lowest in terms of cost. Final decision will be taken
after the CNC submits its recommendations," Antony told the
He also said the IAF is in the process of inducting
additional Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA),
Medium Lift Helicopters, Advanced Light Helicopters as well as
C-130J and C-17 transport aircraft to augment its combat
aircraft, helicopter and transport aircraft fleet.
"Proposals are being progressed for procurement of MMRCA,
Attack Helicopters and Heavy Lift Helicopters as well as the
Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft and Medium Transport
Aircraft," Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack