‘First pass Jan Lokpal bill, then lecture, Rahul’
Indore: Terming Congress General Secretary
Rahul Gandhi`s speech on the Lokpal Bill in Lok Sabha as a
"lecture", Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Saturday said that
Parliament should first pass the Jan Lokpal bill to control
Addressing a press conference here, RSS national
executive member Indresh Kumar said, "Let the Parliament first
pass the Jan Lokpal bill and then any formula or a
constitutional body be set up to take up the gigantic task."
Alleging that the UPA government has no will power to end
corruption, bring back black money from foreign banks or
bring down inflation, Kumar said, "There is a need to frame
the law to contain corruption on a priority than to deliver a
He also claimed that issues of corruption, black money
and inflation were first raised by the BJP and social activist
Anna Hazare has given momentum to these issues.
The RSS leader, an accused in the Ajmer blast case, also
demanded that the investigation of five terror attacks --
Samjhauta Express blast, Malegaon blast, 26/11 Mumbai blast,
Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad and Ajmer blast -- be handed
over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) for further
"In 2009-10 a unanimous resolution was passed in the
United Nations Security Council (UNSC) on the basis of Indian
and American findings that LeT and Huji were responsible and
accused of Samjhauta Express blast and Ilyas Kashmiri led the
operation. Why this report is not a part of NIA
investigation?" he asked.
On a question on his alleged involvement in the Ajmer
blast, he said he was ready for an open debate with the Union
Home Minister, investigating agencies like CBI, ATS, NIA
officers and former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Digvijay
Singh on the issue.
Kumar pointed out that Digvijay Singh claimed to have
evidence to prove the charges against the `saffron brigade`.
"It means either he (Digvijay) runs the investigating
agencies or is in constant touch with such agencies. He has
given a clean chit to Pakistan while releasing the book
written by Aziz Burney on Mumbai (26/11) blast. He openly
visits the houses of terrorists and pays respects to Osama Bin
Laden," Kumar alleged.
"When has NIA kept Digivijay out of the purview of
investigation?.. Based on the turn of events, it seems, rather
it is sure that Digvijay is in the clutches of ISI," Kumar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video