First superfast double-decker train flagged off
Kolkata: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Saturday flagged off the country`s first double-decker superfast train from Howrah in West Bengal to Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
The 12383 Up/12384 Dn fully air-conditioned Howrah-Dhanbad Express will run five days a week.
"It has much more comfort level than other trains. It is India`s first double-decker train," said a senior Eastern Railway official.
The train, comprising nine coaches, including seven air-conditioned double-decker chair cars, will have 128 seats in each coach and two generator cars.
It will have a maximum permissible speed of 110 kmph. The distance between Howrah and Dhanbad is about 270 km.
It will start from Dhanbad at 5.00 am every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and arrive at Howrah four hours later at 9.15 am.
From Howrah, it will start at 3.20 pm on every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and reach Dhanbad at 7.40 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM