First superfast double-decker train flagged off
Kolkata: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Saturday flagged off the country`s first double-decker superfast train from Howrah in West Bengal to Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
The 12383 Up/12384 Dn fully air-conditioned Howrah-Dhanbad Express will run five days a week.
"It has much more comfort level than other trains. It is India`s first double-decker train," said a senior Eastern Railway official.
The train, comprising nine coaches, including seven air-conditioned double-decker chair cars, will have 128 seats in each coach and two generator cars.
It will have a maximum permissible speed of 110 kmph. The distance between Howrah and Dhanbad is about 270 km.
It will start from Dhanbad at 5.00 am every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and arrive at Howrah four hours later at 9.15 am.
From Howrah, it will start at 3.20 pm on every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and reach Dhanbad at 7.40 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes