First superfast double-decker train flagged off
Kolkata: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Saturday flagged off the country`s first double-decker superfast train from Howrah in West Bengal to Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
The 12383 Up/12384 Dn fully air-conditioned Howrah-Dhanbad Express will run five days a week.
"It has much more comfort level than other trains. It is India`s first double-decker train," said a senior Eastern Railway official.
The train, comprising nine coaches, including seven air-conditioned double-decker chair cars, will have 128 seats in each coach and two generator cars.
It will have a maximum permissible speed of 110 kmph. The distance between Howrah and Dhanbad is about 270 km.
It will start from Dhanbad at 5.00 am every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and arrive at Howrah four hours later at 9.15 am.
From Howrah, it will start at 3.20 pm on every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and reach Dhanbad at 7.40 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city