First truce violation by Pakistan in 2012
Jammu: In the first ceasefire violation this
year, Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of
Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district this morning.
The Indian soldiers retaliated and the exchange of fire
lasted for over an hour, a senior army officer said adding
"there were no casualties on our side of the border".
Pakistani troops opened small arms fire on the Indian
positions in Ghambir forward area at around 0600 hours after
the army had earlier foiled an infiltration bid.
"It was a ceasefire violation as the firing came from
Pakistani posts," the officer said.
A group of four to five militants, trying to sneak into
India, fired at troops patrolling the Ghambir forward area in
Bhimber Gali sub-sector late last night, he said.
The troops fired back forcing them to flee to Pakistan,
the officer said.
In December last year, there were four truce violations
by Pakistani troops along the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj