First truce violation by Pakistan in 2012
Jammu: In the first ceasefire violation this
year, Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of
Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district this morning.
The Indian soldiers retaliated and the exchange of fire
lasted for over an hour, a senior army officer said adding
"there were no casualties on our side of the border".
Pakistani troops opened small arms fire on the Indian
positions in Ghambir forward area at around 0600 hours after
the army had earlier foiled an infiltration bid.
"It was a ceasefire violation as the firing came from
Pakistani posts," the officer said.
A group of four to five militants, trying to sneak into
India, fired at troops patrolling the Ghambir forward area in
Bhimber Gali sub-sector late last night, he said.
The troops fired back forcing them to flee to Pakistan,
the officer said.
In December last year, there were four truce violations
by Pakistani troops along the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days