First truce violation by Pakistan in 2012
Jammu: In the first ceasefire violation this
year, Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of
Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district this morning.
The Indian soldiers retaliated and the exchange of fire
lasted for over an hour, a senior army officer said adding
"there were no casualties on our side of the border".
Pakistani troops opened small arms fire on the Indian
positions in Ghambir forward area at around 0600 hours after
the army had earlier foiled an infiltration bid.
"It was a ceasefire violation as the firing came from
Pakistani posts," the officer said.
A group of four to five militants, trying to sneak into
India, fired at troops patrolling the Ghambir forward area in
Bhimber Gali sub-sector late last night, he said.
The troops fired back forcing them to flee to Pakistan,
the officer said.
In December last year, there were four truce violations
by Pakistani troops along the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state