First truce violation by Pakistan in 2012
Jammu: In the first ceasefire violation this
year, Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts along the Line of
Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district this morning.
The Indian soldiers retaliated and the exchange of fire
lasted for over an hour, a senior army officer said adding
"there were no casualties on our side of the border".
Pakistani troops opened small arms fire on the Indian
positions in Ghambir forward area at around 0600 hours after
the army had earlier foiled an infiltration bid.
"It was a ceasefire violation as the firing came from
Pakistani posts," the officer said.
A group of four to five militants, trying to sneak into
India, fired at troops patrolling the Ghambir forward area in
Bhimber Gali sub-sector late last night, he said.
The troops fired back forcing them to flee to Pakistan,
the officer said.
In December last year, there were four truce violations
by Pakistani troops along the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them