Fiscally correct, progressive budget: Scindia
New Delhi: Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Thursday described the union budget as "fiscally correct, progressive and inclusive in its approach".
"It is a pragmatic, progressive budget which is fiscally correct and inclusive in its approach on social sector schemes," Scindia told PTI.
He said the people of the country will benefit from greater budgetary allocation for various central government schemes.
Presenting UPA-II`s last full-fledged budget ahead of next year`s general elections, Finance Minister P Chidambaram has made increased allocation on social sector schemes.
Rural Development Ministry, which steers a number of flagship programme like MNREGA and PMGSY, has got an allocation of Rs 80,194 crore for 2013-14.
Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry has also got an increased allocation of Rs 15,260 crore in the budget for 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Deepika Padukone has a 'teddy bear' in Hollywood! Who is he?
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings