Fiscally correct, progressive budget: Scindia
New Delhi: Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Thursday described the union budget as "fiscally correct, progressive and inclusive in its approach".
"It is a pragmatic, progressive budget which is fiscally correct and inclusive in its approach on social sector schemes," Scindia told PTI.
He said the people of the country will benefit from greater budgetary allocation for various central government schemes.
Presenting UPA-II`s last full-fledged budget ahead of next year`s general elections, Finance Minister P Chidambaram has made increased allocation on social sector schemes.
Rural Development Ministry, which steers a number of flagship programme like MNREGA and PMGSY, has got an allocation of Rs 80,194 crore for 2013-14.
Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry has also got an increased allocation of Rs 15,260 crore in the budget for 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof