Fiscally correct, progressive budget: Scindia
New Delhi: Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Thursday described the union budget as "fiscally correct, progressive and inclusive in its approach".
"It is a pragmatic, progressive budget which is fiscally correct and inclusive in its approach on social sector schemes," Scindia told PTI.
He said the people of the country will benefit from greater budgetary allocation for various central government schemes.
Presenting UPA-II`s last full-fledged budget ahead of next year`s general elections, Finance Minister P Chidambaram has made increased allocation on social sector schemes.
Rural Development Ministry, which steers a number of flagship programme like MNREGA and PMGSY, has got an allocation of Rs 80,194 crore for 2013-14.
Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry has also got an increased allocation of Rs 15,260 crore in the budget for 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah