Fisherman`s death: US assures India of thorough probe
Washington: Seeking to assuage the apprehensions of India, the United States has assured that it would conduct a "thorough and independent" probe into the death of Indian fisherman and would "keep it apprised of full facts of the incident."
Earlier, the US had confirmed that shots fired by its Navy vessel killed the Indian and injured three more off a Dubai port on July 16.
The message was conveyed by the US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Wendy Sherman, in a meeting with the Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on July 18, according to an embassy statement issued yesterday.
"US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy R Sherman met Ambassador Rao on July 18 to convey her personal condolences and deep regrets for those Indian nationals killed and injured," it said.
"Under Secretary Sherman conveyed that the US Government was investigating the incident in a thorough and independent manner and would keep the Indian Government apprised of full facts of the incident," the Embassy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row