Fishermen killing row: Italian FM hopes for `fair solution` for marines
London: Italy`s new Foreign Minister Emma Bonino on Tuesday said she hopes the case of two Italian marines awaiting trial in India for allegedly killing two Indian fishermen would reach a "fair, positive and acceptable solution."
It was Bonino`s second statement on the drawn-out affair, which has put Italy and India at loggerheads.
On April 29, after being sworn in, she said she was certain an agreement would be found for the marines - Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone.
"India is a great country, and one of rights. Our countries need to listen to each other," she said.
Speaking during her first trip outside Italy, to a Somalia conference here, Bonino hoped the case against the two marines would reach "fair, positive and acceptable solution," Italian news agency ANSA reported.
The two marines were on board Italian vessel `Enrica Lexie` when they had allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen off the Kerala coast on February 15, last year.
The case is currently being probed by NIA in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!