Fishing trawler sinks after collision with Naval warship
New Delhi: A fishing trawler sank after colliding with Navy`s frontline frigate INS Talwar near Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra injuring four of the 27 persons on board the civilian vessel, Navy officials said on Tuesday.
This is the fourth mishap involving a naval warship this year including INS Sindhurakshak accident where the vessel sank inside the Mumbai harbour after an explosion in its torpedo section.
INS Talwar collided with an unlit fishing trawler near Ratnagiri coast in Maharashtra around 2130 hours last night in which all the 27 occupants of the civilian vessel fell in the sea, the officials said here.
All the persons in the trawler were pulled out by INS Talwar and dropped on the shore after being provided required medical attention, they said.
Four of the civilians, who are fishermen, suffered minor injuries in the mishap, sources said.
The Navy has ordered a Board of Inquiry to ascertain the reasons behind the incident, sources said.
Navy sources said the mishap took place as the fishing trawler was operating without lights and could not be seen in the dark.
The fishing vessel suffered extensive damage and sunk right on the spot.
This year, Navy warships have been involved in four mishaps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read