Five arrested for selling govt drugs in open market
New Delhi: Five persons, including a store keeper of ex-serviceman`s contributory health scheme (ECHS) poly clinic, have been arrested for allegedly selling drugs meant for government hospitals in open market and medicines worth Rs 12 lakh had been seized, police said on Thursday.
Delhi Police Crime Branch sleuths arrested Neeraj Kumar and Sachin Gupta on January 14 from Rohini Sector 24 on specific inputs and drugs worth Rs 12 lakh, meant for various government hospitals -- Railway hospital, ECHS hospitals, ESI hospitals and SGM hospital -- were recovered, a senior police official.
"Based on the information gathered during interrogations the two, Ram Vir Singh, resident of Pratap Bagh and working as store keeper with ECHS poly clinic at Bhishma Pitamah marg at Lodhi Road, Hari Shankar from Faridabad and Hari Nath Gupta from Daya Basti Railway Colony were also arrested," said S B S Tyagi, DCP Crime and Railways.
With the arrest of these people, police claimed to have busted the gang involved in selling drugs meant for government hospitals in open market.
Neeraj Kumar and Sachin Gupta were allegedly running racket in Delhi with the help of other three accused.
Hari Shankar was the receiver of the drugs and arrested from his shop at Bhagirath Place while Hari Nath from his house at Daya Basti Railway Colony and drugs for ECHS clinic were recovered from his house.
Store Keeper Rambir Singh was arrested from his house and medicines for ECHS clinic were recovered.
"During interrogation, Kumar and Gupta said they used to sell these hospital drug through Hari Shankar. According to rough estimates they have managed to supply spurious medicines worth more than Rs 50 lakh in Delhi and other states in the past three years.
Some of these medicines are very expensive," said Tyagi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH