Five arrested for selling govt drugs in open market
New Delhi: Five persons, including a store keeper of ex-serviceman`s contributory health scheme (ECHS) poly clinic, have been arrested for allegedly selling drugs meant for government hospitals in open market and medicines worth Rs 12 lakh had been seized, police said on Thursday.
Delhi Police Crime Branch sleuths arrested Neeraj Kumar and Sachin Gupta on January 14 from Rohini Sector 24 on specific inputs and drugs worth Rs 12 lakh, meant for various government hospitals -- Railway hospital, ECHS hospitals, ESI hospitals and SGM hospital -- were recovered, a senior police official.
"Based on the information gathered during interrogations the two, Ram Vir Singh, resident of Pratap Bagh and working as store keeper with ECHS poly clinic at Bhishma Pitamah marg at Lodhi Road, Hari Shankar from Faridabad and Hari Nath Gupta from Daya Basti Railway Colony were also arrested," said S B S Tyagi, DCP Crime and Railways.
With the arrest of these people, police claimed to have busted the gang involved in selling drugs meant for government hospitals in open market.
Neeraj Kumar and Sachin Gupta were allegedly running racket in Delhi with the help of other three accused.
Hari Shankar was the receiver of the drugs and arrested from his shop at Bhagirath Place while Hari Nath from his house at Daya Basti Railway Colony and drugs for ECHS clinic were recovered from his house.
Store Keeper Rambir Singh was arrested from his house and medicines for ECHS clinic were recovered.
"During interrogation, Kumar and Gupta said they used to sell these hospital drug through Hari Shankar. According to rough estimates they have managed to supply spurious medicines worth more than Rs 50 lakh in Delhi and other states in the past three years.
Some of these medicines are very expensive," said Tyagi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes