Five Bangladeshi nationals held
Jalpaiguri: As many as five Bangladeshi nationals were arrested on Sunday from a hotel in New Jalpaiguri for allegedly visiting the country without carrying valid papers.
Nimai Roy, Swapan Sharma, Pradip Barman, Litan Roy and Bilas Barman, who are residents of Thakurgaon village in Bangladesh, were arrested for intruding into Indian territory, police said.
They entered into West Bengal through Hili border of South Dinajpur district, sources said.
Later, they were produced before a local court which remanded them to seven days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog