Five complaints of sexual exploitation against TTEs in 2012
New Delhi: Five complaints related to sexual exploitation of women in trains were registered against TTEs and one against police personnel in 2012, the ministry of Railways said on Friday.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy shared information as per which nine complaints of sexual exploitation were also registered against armed force personnel in 2012.
Six eve teasing complaints were registered against TTEs in 2012, whereas there was one such complaint against police personnel and three against Armed Force personnel, the information provided by the minister mentioned.
In January 2013, one complaint against TTE and four complaints against armed force personnel were also registered regarding sexual exploitation of women in trains.
One case of jumping out of moving trains by women passengers to protect their dignity was registered in 2012 and another one in 2013.
No case of killing of women passengers in trains has been registered in both these years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi