Five complaints of sexual exploitation against TTEs in 2012
New Delhi: Five complaints related to sexual exploitation of women in trains were registered against TTEs and one against police personnel in 2012, the ministry of Railways said on Friday.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy shared information as per which nine complaints of sexual exploitation were also registered against armed force personnel in 2012.
Six eve teasing complaints were registered against TTEs in 2012, whereas there was one such complaint against police personnel and three against Armed Force personnel, the information provided by the minister mentioned.
In January 2013, one complaint against TTE and four complaints against armed force personnel were also registered regarding sexual exploitation of women in trains.
One case of jumping out of moving trains by women passengers to protect their dignity was registered in 2012 and another one in 2013.
No case of killing of women passengers in trains has been registered in both these years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30