Five complaints of sexual exploitation against TTEs in 2012
New Delhi: Five complaints related to sexual exploitation of women in trains were registered against TTEs and one against police personnel in 2012, the ministry of Railways said on Friday.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy shared information as per which nine complaints of sexual exploitation were also registered against armed force personnel in 2012.
Six eve teasing complaints were registered against TTEs in 2012, whereas there was one such complaint against police personnel and three against Armed Force personnel, the information provided by the minister mentioned.
In January 2013, one complaint against TTE and four complaints against armed force personnel were also registered regarding sexual exploitation of women in trains.
One case of jumping out of moving trains by women passengers to protect their dignity was registered in 2012 and another one in 2013.
No case of killing of women passengers in trains has been registered in both these years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch