Five lakh pilgrims to visit Ajmer dargah on Urs
Ajmer: More than five lakh pilgrims,
including 500 from Pakistan, are expected to participate in
the 798th Urs of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
Rituals will start in Ajmer Dargah from tonight for
the occasion which is set to begin from tomorrow.
Collector & District Magistrate Ajmer Rajesh Yaday
said that more than five lakh pilgrims will participate in
the six-day event, marking the death anniversary of the Sufi
District administration has made arrangements for the
pilgrims arriving here to pay their homage at the dargah.
Water-proof tents, tanks, temporary toilets and medical
dispensaries have been set up for the devout.
Superintendent of Police (Ajmer) H P Sharma said
around 3,500 policemen will be deployed for security. The city
has been divided into eight sectors, which will be under the
charge of senior officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH