Five lakh pilgrims to visit Ajmer dargah on Urs
Ajmer: More than five lakh pilgrims,
including 500 from Pakistan, are expected to participate in
the 798th Urs of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
Rituals will start in Ajmer Dargah from tonight for
the occasion which is set to begin from tomorrow.
Collector & District Magistrate Ajmer Rajesh Yaday
said that more than five lakh pilgrims will participate in
the six-day event, marking the death anniversary of the Sufi
District administration has made arrangements for the
pilgrims arriving here to pay their homage at the dargah.
Water-proof tents, tanks, temporary toilets and medical
dispensaries have been set up for the devout.
Superintendent of Police (Ajmer) H P Sharma said
around 3,500 policemen will be deployed for security. The city
has been divided into eight sectors, which will be under the
charge of senior officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29