Five lakh pilgrims to visit Ajmer dargah on Urs
Ajmer: More than five lakh pilgrims,
including 500 from Pakistan, are expected to participate in
the 798th Urs of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
Rituals will start in Ajmer Dargah from tonight for
the occasion which is set to begin from tomorrow.
Collector & District Magistrate Ajmer Rajesh Yaday
said that more than five lakh pilgrims will participate in
the six-day event, marking the death anniversary of the Sufi
District administration has made arrangements for the
pilgrims arriving here to pay their homage at the dargah.
Water-proof tents, tanks, temporary toilets and medical
dispensaries have been set up for the devout.
Superintendent of Police (Ajmer) H P Sharma said
around 3,500 policemen will be deployed for security. The city
has been divided into eight sectors, which will be under the
charge of senior officers, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed