Five lakh pilgrims to visit Ajmer dargah on Urs
Ajmer: More than five lakh pilgrims,
including 500 from Pakistan, are expected to participate in
the 798th Urs of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
Rituals will start in Ajmer Dargah from tonight for
the occasion which is set to begin from tomorrow.
Collector & District Magistrate Ajmer Rajesh Yaday
said that more than five lakh pilgrims will participate in
the six-day event, marking the death anniversary of the Sufi
District administration has made arrangements for the
pilgrims arriving here to pay their homage at the dargah.
Water-proof tents, tanks, temporary toilets and medical
dispensaries have been set up for the devout.
Superintendent of Police (Ajmer) H P Sharma said
around 3,500 policemen will be deployed for security. The city
has been divided into eight sectors, which will be under the
charge of senior officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!