Five nuclear energy parks to be set up
Coimbatore: The Centre has given its nod for setting up five nuclear energy parks each with a generation capacity of 10,000 MW, Atomic Energy Commission chairman Srikumar Banerjee on Saturday said.
The parks, each having six to eight reactors, would come up in a phased manner in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal, he told reporters here.
Banerjee, here to participate in the convocation of a University, said the new reactors would have top security measures to meet any eventuality.
On the protests against the Jaitapur nuclear power project in Maharasthra, he said the department of atomic energy had answers to all the questions being raised by the people.
However, the agitators were mixing all problems into one, he said.
The authorities would be able to convince the people and take steps to solve their problems, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant