Five persons accused of attempting to murder Ajay Katara
Ghaziabad: A court here has framed charges against five persons for an attempt on life of Ajay Katara, a prime witness in Nitish Katara murder case.
Additional District and Session Judge Harpal Singh yesterday framed the charges against Subash Yadav, Vivek Bhatnagar, Nand Kishore Gurjar, Anurag and Dharmender Yadav.
The prosecution said the five accused had attacked Ajay on July 16, 2008 when he was on his way to Patel Nagar with his security guards.
The next date for hearing has been fixed on April 20.
A Delhi sessions court on May 30, 2008 had convicted and awarded life imprisonment to Vikas Yadav son of DP Yadav former Rajya Sabha MP, and Vikas` cousin Vishal Yadav for kidnapping and murdering Nitish Katara as he was a close friend of Bharati Yadav, Vikas`sister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?