Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan
Mohali: Anuradha Bali aka Fiza Mohammed, the estranged wife of Haryana`s former deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, is all set to fight a legal battle against her former husband in the court.
She also announced her decision to join politics soon.
"I have already filed a case against Chand in the court and the next hearing is slated on Nov 28. I am very determined and confident that I will get justice in the court room," Fiza told reporters at her residence here on Thursday.
"Chand is an errant personality and he has spoiled his both personal and political life. Besides, the political career of his father Bhajan Lal and brother Kuldeep Bihnoi is also on the verge of ending as their party, HJC (Haryana Janhit Congress), had fared very badly in the assembly elections," she alleged.
Fiza said she had distributed sweets to celebrate the defeat of Chander Mohan`s family in Haryana assembly polls.
Both Chander Mohan and Fiza had mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple with new names after embracing Islam.
Chander Mohan lost his job as Haryana`s high-profile deputy chief minister. The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with him suddenly leaving Fiza`s house on January 28. He called her from London, in March, and uttered the word "talaq" three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her.
"They have proved before the whole world that they never stick to their words. As earlier, HJC was totally opposed to the Congress but afterwards they got ready to support them. But the Congress took the right decision by not seeking their support," Fiza added.
Fiza also announced here Thursday that she is planning to join politics in the coming days.
She said, "I have made my mind to join politics. In one month`s time, I will make a major announcement of joining a big national party. My talks are on with the party leaders and very soon we will settle everything and make public announcement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail