Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan
Mohali: Anuradha Bali aka Fiza Mohammed, the estranged wife of Haryana`s former deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, is all set to fight a legal battle against her former husband in the court.
She also announced her decision to join politics soon.
"I have already filed a case against Chand in the court and the next hearing is slated on Nov 28. I am very determined and confident that I will get justice in the court room," Fiza told reporters at her residence here on Thursday.
"Chand is an errant personality and he has spoiled his both personal and political life. Besides, the political career of his father Bhajan Lal and brother Kuldeep Bihnoi is also on the verge of ending as their party, HJC (Haryana Janhit Congress), had fared very badly in the assembly elections," she alleged.
Fiza said she had distributed sweets to celebrate the defeat of Chander Mohan`s family in Haryana assembly polls.
Both Chander Mohan and Fiza had mysteriously disappeared in November last year and re-appeared in December after 40 days as a married couple with new names after embracing Islam.
Chander Mohan lost his job as Haryana`s high-profile deputy chief minister. The marriage lasted hardly 40 days with him suddenly leaving Fiza`s house on January 28. He called her from London, in March, and uttered the word "talaq" three times. He also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her.
"They have proved before the whole world that they never stick to their words. As earlier, HJC was totally opposed to the Congress but afterwards they got ready to support them. But the Congress took the right decision by not seeking their support," Fiza added.
Fiza also announced here Thursday that she is planning to join politics in the coming days.
She said, "I have made my mind to join politics. In one month`s time, I will make a major announcement of joining a big national party. My talks are on with the party leaders and very soon we will settle everything and make public announcement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues