Flag to fly half mast to mourn Deshmukh`s death
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday announced the national flag will fly at half mast on Tuesday in Delhi and in all state capitals as a mark of respect to Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who died on Tuesday.
However, the flag will fly at full mast tomorrow on the Independence Day.
A Home Ministry spokeperson said as per the Flag Code, if the intimation of the death of any dignitary is received in the afternoon, flags are to be flown half mast on the following day as well.
"However, in the event of the next day coinciding with the Independence Day or Republic Day or Mahatma Gandhi`s birthday, the flag shall not be flown at half mast on that day, except on the building where the body of the dignitary is lying till it is removed and the flag will be raised to full-mast after the body is removed," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!