Flag to fly half mast to mourn Deshmukh`s death
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday announced the national flag will fly at half mast on Tuesday in Delhi and in all state capitals as a mark of respect to Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who died on Tuesday.
However, the flag will fly at full mast tomorrow on the Independence Day.
A Home Ministry spokeperson said as per the Flag Code, if the intimation of the death of any dignitary is received in the afternoon, flags are to be flown half mast on the following day as well.
"However, in the event of the next day coinciding with the Independence Day or Republic Day or Mahatma Gandhi`s birthday, the flag shall not be flown at half mast on that day, except on the building where the body of the dignitary is lying till it is removed and the flag will be raised to full-mast after the body is removed," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan