Flag to fly half mast to mourn Deshmukh`s death
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday announced the national flag will fly at half mast on Tuesday in Delhi and in all state capitals as a mark of respect to Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who died on Tuesday.
However, the flag will fly at full mast tomorrow on the Independence Day.
A Home Ministry spokeperson said as per the Flag Code, if the intimation of the death of any dignitary is received in the afternoon, flags are to be flown half mast on the following day as well.
"However, in the event of the next day coinciding with the Independence Day or Republic Day or Mahatma Gandhi`s birthday, the flag shall not be flown at half mast on that day, except on the building where the body of the dignitary is lying till it is removed and the flag will be raised to full-mast after the body is removed," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look