Flag to fly half mast to mourn Deshmukh`s death
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday announced the national flag will fly at half mast on Tuesday in Delhi and in all state capitals as a mark of respect to Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who died on Tuesday.
However, the flag will fly at full mast tomorrow on the Independence Day.
A Home Ministry spokeperson said as per the Flag Code, if the intimation of the death of any dignitary is received in the afternoon, flags are to be flown half mast on the following day as well.
"However, in the event of the next day coinciding with the Independence Day or Republic Day or Mahatma Gandhi`s birthday, the flag shall not be flown at half mast on that day, except on the building where the body of the dignitary is lying till it is removed and the flag will be raised to full-mast after the body is removed," he said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!