Flesh trade case: Godman gets copy of chargesheet
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday provided the
copies of chargesheet to self-styled Godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi
and others, including six alleged call girls, in a flesh trade
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Singh has fixed the
matter for scrutiny of documents and further proceedings on
May 24, the next date of hearing.
Delhi Police had on April 26 filed the chargesheet
against Dwivedi, alleging he amassed enormous wealth running
into crores of rupees through the flesh trade racket.
"Dwivedi is running the sex racket for last 10 to 12
years and has earned properties and wealth running into crores
of rupees," the chargesheet, filed under various provisions of
the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, said.
Police, which had filed the chargesheet against seven
others including six alleged call girls, said they have
stumbled upon sufficient evidence to prosecute them.
Besides the present case, Dwivedi is booked in five other
criminal cases, including that of a matter lodged under
stringent Maharashtra Control Of Organized Crimes Act (MCOCA),
for allegedly running the sex syndicate in and around the
Police is yet to file the probe report in the MCOCA case.
During the custodial interrogation, police, at the
instance of the accused, have recovered various documents
relating to properties, investments and bank details, the
It was also claimed Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi at
the time of the raid on February 26.
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Dwivedi and Praveen Kumar till May 24.
The alleged call girls are out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof