Flesh trade case: Godman gets copy of chargesheet
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday provided the
copies of chargesheet to self-styled Godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi
and others, including six alleged call girls, in a flesh trade
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravindra Singh has fixed the
matter for scrutiny of documents and further proceedings on
May 24, the next date of hearing.
Delhi Police had on April 26 filed the chargesheet
against Dwivedi, alleging he amassed enormous wealth running
into crores of rupees through the flesh trade racket.
"Dwivedi is running the sex racket for last 10 to 12
years and has earned properties and wealth running into crores
of rupees," the chargesheet, filed under various provisions of
the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, said.
Police, which had filed the chargesheet against seven
others including six alleged call girls, said they have
stumbled upon sufficient evidence to prosecute them.
Besides the present case, Dwivedi is booked in five other
criminal cases, including that of a matter lodged under
stringent Maharashtra Control Of Organized Crimes Act (MCOCA),
for allegedly running the sex syndicate in and around the
Police is yet to file the probe report in the MCOCA case.
During the custodial interrogation, police, at the
instance of the accused, have recovered various documents
relating to properties, investments and bank details, the
It was also claimed Rs 1.55 lakh cash, some gold
ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi at
the time of the raid on February 26.
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Dwivedi and Praveen Kumar till May 24.
The alleged call girls are out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?