Flesh trade victims to be sent back to Bangladesh
Mumbai: As many as 28 Bangladeshis, including the daughter of Bangladesh premier Sheikh Hasina`s cook, rescued from the city brothels, will reunite with their
families next month.
"28 rescued victims, including Rubi (name changed), who is the daughter of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s cook, will be sent back to Bangladesh in December as their travel permits were issued by Bangladesh High Commission in Delhi, following
our persistent efforts," Triveni Acharya, chairman of Rescue Foundation, a city-based NGO told a news agency.
27 of the victims were rescued four to five years ago from the city`s brothels while Rubi, a 21-year-old divorcee, was rescued on June 29, Acharya said.
Rubi, along with some more victims, was rescued in June, following which, it was learnt that her mother is the cook in Sheikh Hasina`s official residence.
Assistant Police Commissioner Feroz Patel of the Social Service Branch of Mumbai police that rescued the victims said, "She is the relative of a staff with Bangladesh PM office."
According to the NGO, family friend Musto brought Rubi to India in May this year, after promising her a maid`s job with a decent salary. Rubi had left her year-old son to her mother.
Musto sold her to a brothel in Surat for Rs 40,000 in May, where she refused to do any flesh-trade.
After nearly a month, the brothel-owner sold her to a brothel-keeper in Mumbai`s Kamathipura for Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui