Flexible on inclusion of PM under Lokpal: Agnivesh
New Delhi: As Anna Hazare gears up for his
indefinite fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, his associate
Swami Agnivesh on Wednesday said they are "very very flexible" on
issues like inclusion of prime minister or higher judiciary
under ambit of the ombudsman but the sticking point is
bringing lower bureaucracy in it.
"...These (inclusion of prime minister or higher
judiciary) are not very sticking points for us. For us the
sticking point is, let me make it clear, the corruption at the
lower level of bureaucracy, that is first and foremost which
concerns the common people in this country," Agnivesh told
Karan Thapar in CNBC TV-18`s India Tonight programme.
He was responding to a question whether flexibility on
their part includes a desire to be accommodating to
compromising on sticking points like the prime minister and
higher judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal.
Agnivesh said they were not for any type anarchy in the
first place and they were all "very very flexible".
"We are ready to negotiate and re-renegotiate. There is
no problem about it but we will not allow to be diluted and
make it complete ineffective or even counter productive bill
because this bill has been introduced by the government, puts
the complainant in the dock," he said.
However, he felt there should be a free and frank
negotiation and "let there be a live telecast of these kind of
debate throughout the country..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Premier League: Leicester City will still be the underdogs, says manager Claudio Ranieri
- 'Avengers' stars surprise sick fan—See inside!
- All religions are used by men to control women: Mona Eltahawy
- Whoa! You will be shocked to know how much Priyanka Chopra is expected to earn in 40 days
- Chilean engineer develops early cancer detection system