Flexible on inclusion of PM under Lokpal: Agnivesh
New Delhi: As Anna Hazare gears up for his
indefinite fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, his associate
Swami Agnivesh on Wednesday said they are "very very flexible" on
issues like inclusion of prime minister or higher judiciary
under ambit of the ombudsman but the sticking point is
bringing lower bureaucracy in it.
"...These (inclusion of prime minister or higher
judiciary) are not very sticking points for us. For us the
sticking point is, let me make it clear, the corruption at the
lower level of bureaucracy, that is first and foremost which
concerns the common people in this country," Agnivesh told
Karan Thapar in CNBC TV-18`s India Tonight programme.
He was responding to a question whether flexibility on
their part includes a desire to be accommodating to
compromising on sticking points like the prime minister and
higher judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal.
Agnivesh said they were not for any type anarchy in the
first place and they were all "very very flexible".
"We are ready to negotiate and re-renegotiate. There is
no problem about it but we will not allow to be diluted and
make it complete ineffective or even counter productive bill
because this bill has been introduced by the government, puts
the complainant in the dock," he said.
However, he felt there should be a free and frank
negotiation and "let there be a live telecast of these kind of
debate throughout the country..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17