Flexible on inclusion of PM under Lokpal: Agnivesh
New Delhi: As Anna Hazare gears up for his
indefinite fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, his associate
Swami Agnivesh on Wednesday said they are "very very flexible" on
issues like inclusion of prime minister or higher judiciary
under ambit of the ombudsman but the sticking point is
bringing lower bureaucracy in it.
"...These (inclusion of prime minister or higher
judiciary) are not very sticking points for us. For us the
sticking point is, let me make it clear, the corruption at the
lower level of bureaucracy, that is first and foremost which
concerns the common people in this country," Agnivesh told
Karan Thapar in CNBC TV-18`s India Tonight programme.
He was responding to a question whether flexibility on
their part includes a desire to be accommodating to
compromising on sticking points like the prime minister and
higher judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal.
Agnivesh said they were not for any type anarchy in the
first place and they were all "very very flexible".
"We are ready to negotiate and re-renegotiate. There is
no problem about it but we will not allow to be diluted and
make it complete ineffective or even counter productive bill
because this bill has been introduced by the government, puts
the complainant in the dock," he said.
However, he felt there should be a free and frank
negotiation and "let there be a live telecast of these kind of
debate throughout the country..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!