Flight delay triggers protest at Kolkata airport
Kolkata: A Mumbai-bound Jet Airways flight got delayed indefinitely for several hours triggering protests from passengers at the NSCB international airport here Friday night.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the delay was due to some technical reasons.
The 9W 2152 flight was scheduled to leave for Mumbai at 8:40 pm, he said.
All the 135 passengers, who had to catch the flight protested after several hours of wait. However, the situation is normal now and they have been given refreshments by the airlines, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter