Flight grounded in Bangalore after fire scare
Mumbai: A Hyderabad-bound Kingfisher flight
from Bangalore with 27 passengers and 5 crew members on board,
returned back at the airport on Sunday due to a fire scare, after
being air-borne for 10 minutes.
The passengers were deplaned safely and later flown to
their destinations in another aircraft, a spokesperson of the
"Shortly after the Kingfisher flight IT-4817 took off
from Bangalore for Hyderabad today, the commander received a
warning alert. As a matter of safety and precaution the
commander immediately decided to return back to Bangalore," he
ATR 72-500 aircraft landed safely at around 8.46 am at
the Bangalore airport.
"The flight was originally scheduled at 7.25 am but due
to bad weather it took off at 8.36 am," a Bangalore
International Airport official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites