Flight grounded in Bangalore after fire scare
Mumbai: A Hyderabad-bound Kingfisher flight
from Bangalore with 27 passengers and 5 crew members on board,
returned back at the airport on Sunday due to a fire scare, after
being air-borne for 10 minutes.
The passengers were deplaned safely and later flown to
their destinations in another aircraft, a spokesperson of the
"Shortly after the Kingfisher flight IT-4817 took off
from Bangalore for Hyderabad today, the commander received a
warning alert. As a matter of safety and precaution the
commander immediately decided to return back to Bangalore," he
ATR 72-500 aircraft landed safely at around 8.46 am at
the Bangalore airport.
"The flight was originally scheduled at 7.25 am but due
to bad weather it took off at 8.36 am," a Bangalore
International Airport official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31