Flight operations remain normal at IGI despite fog
New Delhi: Operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here remained normal for the second consecutive day on Thursday despite moderate to shallow fog.
Though there was fog last night and this morning at the airport due to which runway visbility dropped to 1,000 metres on main runway and 700 metres on third runway, it didn`t cause any disruption in flight operations as both the runways were operational.
"Through the day, 14 flights were cancelled and 25 delayed either due to bad weather at the destination or due to some operational reasons," airport sources said.
All through the night the visibility did not dip below 1,100 metres on all three runways when airport witnessed moderate fog.
Visibility started to decrease from 7.30 AM on the runways dropping to 700 metres on third runway (29/11) but it was above 1,200 metres on main runway (28/10) in the morning, the sources said.
Delhi airport had witnessed dense fog for three consecutive days earlier this week, leading to delays in schedule of over 300 flights.
MeT department today predicted that airport might witness fog tomorrow morning with visibility dipping to 400 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends