Flight test of Rustom UAV conducted successfully
Bangalore: A successful flight test of
`Rustom 1 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle` was conducted here on Saturday.
"Rustom 1" being developed by the Aeronautical
Development Establishment (ADE), a DRDO lab engaged in
pioneering R&D work in the field of aeronautics, has an
endurance of 14 hours and altitude ceiling of 8,000 metres, a
DRDO release said.
"Rustom 1 has been achieved by converting a manned
aircraft into a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) by removing
pilot seat and making required electrical, mechanical and
aerodynamic modifications," the release said.
The test flight was conducted at the airfield belonging
to the M/s Taneja Aerospace (TAAL) located near Hosur. Many
improvements have been carried out since the last flight, in
terms of piloting, landing and taxiing, it said.
The flight was a precursor to one with payloads as
required by the Services.
"The complete sequence of events went off well to the
total satisfaction of the scientists and technical personnel
of the Bangalore?s Aeronautical Development Establishment who
have developed the UAV," the release said.
Prahlada, Chief controller Research and Development
(Aeronautics Programme), said, "With the successful accurate
flying of Rustom 1, ADE is geared up for integration of
payloads with the Aircraft within next three months, to
demonstrate performance of payloads and necessary secure
data-link to the users."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo