FM holds pre-budget discussions with Congress leaders
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday held consultations with senior Congress leaders in Delhi and sought their suggestions for the forthcoming budget. He also discussed the strategy for the parliament budget session, which will begin Feb 21.
Mukherjee sought suggestions from senior Congress leaders. Price rise dominated the discussions.
At the consultative meeting, 31 of 51 participating leaders gave their suggestions for the forthcoming budget, senior Congress leader and spokesman Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
The budget will be presented in the Lok Sabha Feb 28.
Earlier Jan 19, the finance minister held a meeting with finance ministers of states and union territories to get their inputs for the budget 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what