FM holds pre-budget discussions with Congress leaders
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday held consultations with senior Congress leaders in Delhi and sought their suggestions for the forthcoming budget. He also discussed the strategy for the parliament budget session, which will begin Feb 21.
Mukherjee sought suggestions from senior Congress leaders. Price rise dominated the discussions.
At the consultative meeting, 31 of 51 participating leaders gave their suggestions for the forthcoming budget, senior Congress leader and spokesman Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
The budget will be presented in the Lok Sabha Feb 28.
Earlier Jan 19, the finance minister held a meeting with finance ministers of states and union territories to get their inputs for the budget 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what