FM holds pre-budget discussions with Congress leaders
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday held consultations with senior Congress leaders in Delhi and sought their suggestions for the forthcoming budget. He also discussed the strategy for the parliament budget session, which will begin Feb 21.
Mukherjee sought suggestions from senior Congress leaders. Price rise dominated the discussions.
At the consultative meeting, 31 of 51 participating leaders gave their suggestions for the forthcoming budget, senior Congress leader and spokesman Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
The budget will be presented in the Lok Sabha Feb 28.
Earlier Jan 19, the finance minister held a meeting with finance ministers of states and union territories to get their inputs for the budget 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location