FM, Planning Comm rapped over allocation to PR Min
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel has criticised the Finance Ministry and the Planning Commission for not making "realistic" allocation for the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
According to the Sumitra Mahajan-chaired Standing Committee on Rural Development, the total fund requirement for the Ministry for the twelfth Five-year-plan would be approximately Rs 78,000 crore, which means yearly allocation of around Rs 15,600 crore during the entire plan period.
"However, for the fiscal year 2012-13, a meagre amount of Rs 5350 crore has been provided.
"The Committee, therefore, recommended to the Planning Commission/Ministry of Finance to consider higher and realistic allocation for the Ministry so that the growth and the empowerment of Panchayats are visible in the country," it said in a statement placed in the Lok Sabha.
The Committee also expressed displeasure over lower allocation of funds for Rajiv Gandhi Panchayat Sashaktikaran Abhiyan (RGPSA) which is being launched by merging the existing schemes like Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana, e-Panchayat, Panchayat Empowerment and Accoutability Incentive Scheme (PEAIS), Panchyat Mahila Evam Yava Shakti Abhiyan (PMEYSA) and capacity building part of Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF).
It has recommended that after the launch of RGPSA with proposed outlay of Rs 33000 crore for the Ministry in the 12th Plan, allocation to the existing schemes which would become components of the RGPSA should be increased substantially to have a real impact at village panchayat level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP