FMs of India, Pak dine over ghazals by Ghulam Ali
Islamabad: Over `ghazals` by maestro Ghulam Ali, Foreign Ministers of India and Pakistan dined at the end of their hectic deliberations on various bilateral issues here.
Ali sang `dil mein ek leher si uthi hai abhi, koi taza hawa chali hai abhi` among his other popular numbers, which enthralled the audience at the dinner hosted by Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar for her visiting Indian counterpart S M Krishna Saturday night.
The lyrics of the ghazal seemed to have captured the essence of the current Indo-Pak relations.
Other ghazals crooned by Ali included `chupke, chupke raat din`.
The dinner was hosted at the Marriott Hotel, the scene of a major terror attack in September 2008 which had killed 54 people.
The dinner was also attended by members of the respective delegations of the two Foreign Ministers.
It came after talks between Krishna and Khar during which they reviewed the last round of parleys on all bilateral issues, including terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir and Siachen, and chalked out the roadmap for future round of discussions.
The two countries yesterday finally made progress on people-to-people contact by inking pacts on a new visa regime and cultural exchanges, but there was no headway on New Delhi`s concerns on the Mumbai terror attacks case, with Islamabad only assuring that it will bring to book the perpetrators as per its law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’