`Focus needs on future conflicts in sub-continent`
Indore: Army Chief General VK Singh has
said there was an operational necessity to focus on a joint
response in case of future conflict scenarios in the Indian
"The present geo-political challenges did exist in the
region with specific reference to the Indian sub-continent,"
Singh was quoted as saying by a Press Information Bureau (PIB)
He was addressing the officers of the three forces at
the Army War College at Mhow recently.
The chief of army staff also spoke on "changing global
security environment and its impact on the Indian Army and its
preparedness," the release said.
The Chief of Army Staff also inaugurated two study
centres at the Army War College established for pursuance of
domain specific excellence in dealing with contemporary and
emerging security scenarios, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog