Focus on `crying India and not shining India`: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday asked the media to focus on issues of people living in "crying India" and not only in "shining India".
"Most institutions, including the media, focus their attention on the happenings in `Shining India`. But there is another India that is `crying` in rural parts of the country," he said after presenting the K Vijayaraghavan memorial journalism award to Asianet Editor-in-Chief T N Gopakumar here today.
Antony said it is true that India has progressed since Independence, but there is another India where people suffer, and "social organisations should direct their torch light towards the sufferings of those people".
The award instituted in the name of Vijayaraghavan, former Associate Editor of Kerala Kaumudi, carries a cash prize of Rs 10,000 and a citation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates