Focus on defeating Congress, not on PM candidate: Narendra Modi to partymen
Puri: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday asked partymen to focus on BJP`s return to power at the Centre instead of projecting anyone including him as the prime ministerial candidate.
"Who will lead the party after elections is not important for us at this stage. Now our priority should be to ensure return of BJP to power," party`s election campaign committee chairman Modi told a selected gathering of Odisha unit leaders at a hotel in Puri.
"Please work hard to defeat the Congress and do not indulge in such things (projecting the PM candidate)," Modi said responding to a proposal by Odisha party leaders that he be the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
The BJP strongman suggested that the state leadership prepare chargesheets against the Congress and the ruling BJD in Odisha. "Ensure that the charges against rival parties reach the people living in villages," he said.
He said at least 10,000 mobile phones of each Assembly segments should be regularly fed with BJP`s ideologies and "inefficiencies` of the Congress.
Modi asked the partymen to develop public relations with people living in villages and use social media like Facebook and Twitter.\
"We are passing through the age of technology. People in villages also now use mobiles and other means of communications," he said.
Asking the state leadership to identify leaders from different castes and give them positions in the party, Modi said, "Caste leaders hold votes which are required for any party for elections. If necessary, give up your positions to accommodate caste leaders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says